Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What's for dessert?

I made Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake (and a no-bake cherry one behind it) for my mother-in-law's birthday. I think she got the recipe from cooks.com.

For my sister-in-law's prom (they were having dinner at her house)
I made Cookie Dough Truffles. I was amazed that the dough could look so much like the real thing and did not have eggs!




My mess up (you always have to have one right? :)
The final product

Last Friday, Clifton went to a Father and Sons camp out with his dad and 2 brothers. I decided to be a good wife and make him a treat to take. These are the cookies on the back of the Butter flavored shortening can and they are amazing.

This is what happens when you are holding a squirmy child and trying to take the cookies out and drop the pan in the oven. Sad day-they would have looked perfect.


6 comments:

The Ensign's said...

Hey Christi! I hope you dont mind me blog stalking you!!!! The truffles look delicious!!!

Kat Clark said...

I love that FHE idea! I think I will steal it. And ok, Betty, as in Betty Crocker, can you make me some of those delicious looking truffles someday?!?!?! Genius! Cookie dough in a truffle! I am totally salivating right now. :)

Eevi said...

ummm those look soo delicious. Too bad I am trying to stay away from sweets for the last weeks of my pregnancy. Reading your blog doesn't make it any easier!

Camille said...

I swear in heaven we'll be able to eat as much of that good stuff as we want with NO guilt! I'll have to bug you for some recipes...

mad white woman said...

That cookie dough looks good. How'd you make it without eggs? I would love to make some and freeze it because I'm pretty sure Jason would love me for it.

Tell Casey I am so thankful for bacon too. :)

mommy said...

Holy cow what's with you guys!? Between you and Jana posting all your treats I'm going to be in the kitchen all day! Your truffles turned out AWESOME!

PS Sometime you should live closer and make me a strawberry swirl cheesecake for my bday.