Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cakes

Tonight was a cake auction to raise money for the boy scouts and cub scouts. I am a den leader and Clifton is the cubmaster. Sorry Kathryn I am not a fellow scout widow, but a den leader on maternity leave. :) Anyway, I made these two cakes for the auction.


Is it bad to say I am really proud of this one? It was a lot of work and took me a long time. The cake is White Almond Wedding Cake and I used my sister's buttercream frosting trick to make the cub scout logo.


Clifton suggested this one-it is always a winner. Strawberry Marble Cheesecake.
I didn't go to the dinner/auction because Casey and Katelyn were sick, but I heard it was a success. :)

8 comments:

David and Jana said...

AMAZING!!!!! Good Job!! I love it! The wolf especially looks so good! WWOOH HOOH!!!

The Ensign's said...

WOW!!! Those look amazing!

Melanie said...

No, it's not bad to say that you're proud of that one... holy cow! And I just want to eat the other one! Oh, wait. Am I off sugar?

mommy said...

mmm - very impressive.

Camille said...

We came home with a few cupcakes, why didn't we know those were your cakes? Maybe because we were outbid by people who were willing to pay more than $20. Oh, well.

Amanda said...

Those are amazing! Way better than my "I'm too lazy to frost a cake" cookies. And apparently Addison bid while Keith wasn't paying attention, so we ended up with some cupcakes that nobody even liked. :)

Kat Clark said...

Um. Stunned. Jaw on the floor. You are a master!

Mikah said...

Christi, I hear that you made an AWESOME cake for Katelyn's birthday! Do you have a picture?