So we have started packing. I didn't have sharpies so I just have been printing out what is in each box in a cutesy font. I know that will not last long, but I am enjoying it while it lasts.
While going through papers today, I found all of the emails that Clifton and I wrote to each other (and real letters) while he was on his mission. I thought they were lost so it was such a relief! :) I also found the list I made while he was on his mission of qualities I admire about him. That was fun to read. The only thing I could think of negative of him was that he does not like to dance (besides slow dance). He made a similar list when he came home about me and the only negative for me was that I was a picky eater. :)
The girls decided that certain colors were married. So, Katelyn chose jelly beans as her FHE treat and the girls were so excited to have an orange and yellow because they are married.
We have a huge helium tank in our apartment. The management company has been trying to get more people to come look at apartments so we are renting a helium tank and put balloons on our signs everyday. The kids take turns picking the colors-they love it.
One tip I've learned while packing is that if you want to vacuum seal something-you need to buy the real deal. We tried to use plastic trash bags to vacuum seal our decorative pillows and thought that we sealed them well enough, but later that night it started to bulge. And now three days later it has almost destroyed our box. So repacking that is on my to-do list tomorrow.
One tip I've learned while packing is that if you want to vacuum seal something-you need to buy the real deal. We tried to use plastic trash bags to vacuum seal our decorative pillows and thought that we sealed them well enough, but later that night it started to bulge. And now three days later it has almost destroyed our box. So repacking that is on my to-do list tomorrow.
Today I am officially 28. I can't tease Clifton about being older than me (he is exactly 4 months older). That sure sounds old to me. But I have a 5 year old about to start kindergarten so I guess I should be old. :) Clifton made me breakfast and let me order pizza for lunch. We went out on a date and picked out my birthday present-nonstick frying pans and a medium sized pot. I am so excited! We didn't get to make a cake, but for every other birthday this year we haven't made a cake on the actual day so we are keeping up the tradition. Hopefully by Casey in December we can get our act together.
The other day, Sage and Henry came over. The girls all got in play dresses and as soon as they did, Tyler started tugging on his shirt and whining to take it off. Clifton gave me a look and didn't know what to do. I just told him to put Tyler in his Sunday clothes and he could be a prince. Why don't they sell prince outfits for boys with girly sisters?? We distracted him and he forgot, but I'm sure it will come up again.
The other day, Sage and Henry came over. The girls all got in play dresses and as soon as they did, Tyler started tugging on his shirt and whining to take it off. Clifton gave me a look and didn't know what to do. I just told him to put Tyler in his Sunday clothes and he could be a prince. Why don't they sell prince outfits for boys with girly sisters?? We distracted him and he forgot, but I'm sure it will come up again.
Anyway-that is us for right now. We are on a roller coaster of being excited/sad/nervous/stressed about the move. We still have a month right? :)
7 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Good luck on your move! I hate the packing and saying goodbye. Hopefully you guys have a great adventure!
So sad you are moving far away instead of up here to PHX.... we have a spare bedroom if you change your mind. :) As for boys dress up.... we use Timothy's Halloween costumes from previous years... or raid the Halloween section when it is 75% off. He now has a superman, dinosaur and doctor outfit. Not much, but better than a dress. If you make a trip up for the Temple before you leave... stop by... and we'll watch the kiddos. Miss you all.
Happy Birthday sweet sister. I love you so much. I love reading your posts. I wish we could see each other all the time. I hope ytour packing and moving goes well. You rock.
I love the curler picture...Happy Birthday, Christi:)
Connor & I were laughing out loud at colors being married. Seriously. And I agree. Right next to the boy toys, they need to have prince, superman, etc. costumes year-round for the boys. Love you and HB!!!!!!
Am I a bad mom if I just let my son wear the dress and heels? When dad is home that doesn't go over so well, but they're just little so I say whatever.
Happy belated Birthday and definitely get as much packing done as you can while it is still fun. It's gets old pretty fast at the end.
Post a Comment