We made it! Our kids did a lot better than we thought they would. We left early in the morning (tried to at least) and got to our hotels around 3:30pm ( we traveled about 7 hours a day) so the kids could run around the hotel. Anyway they were great. Casey counted 15 trains. Clifton and I listened to 2 books on CD. I picked the first one Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. Clifton rolled his eyes a lot during the book, but it made the time pass by quickly. Then we listened to Plague Ship by Clive
Cussler. It was so graphic we had to fast forward a lot of parts when the kids were awake, but it lasted us until the end. We had about 1/2 hour of the book left when we drove into Pittsburgh.
Katelyn

Casey and Tyler. We tried the girls sitting by
each other-not a good idea!

We saw these oil drill (rigs?) things for the first time everywhere in Texas. I have to say Western Texas is not very exciting. :)

We stopped somewhere around Pecos and went to church. The girls loved that there was grass!

The girls used all of their stickers in about 15 minutes.


We visited with My sister Jana just north of Dallas-it was so fun! They has just moved in the day before so that made it extra fun. It was such a unique time because both Clifton and Dave did not have work or school so we played games, went swimming, to the park, Clifton and Dave went washer/dryer shopping. Jana and Dave are so fun-it was so nice to see them and their family!


This is one of my favorite pictures. Mary is so pretty!






Awesome.

We drove through Arkansas-it was so humid (the one time we stopped)
We had never seen trees like this-it kind of became the norm after that.

We were also amazed at all of the huge baptist churches along the way.

I believe this is the Mississippi River-it was huge!

Apparently, when driving
across the country, you should also check where
Nascar is having its races (especially if it is the first time ever), but we didn't so this is what we got to stare at for 4 hours (we went 10 miles) in Kentucky. I don't know why it bothered me so much, but I wanted to rewrite "speedway" over for them because it was crooked.

This guy was missing his
tailgate party so he fired up his grill in the back of his truck! Made me laugh.
Cincinnati was huge! We had to drive through downtown-it was fun to see all the lights.

We stayed in Columbus, OH Saturday night and went to church across from the temple.



Coming into Pittsburgh was really cool. We went under a tunnel and when we came out the whole city spread out before us-it was amazing. It is definitely the land of bridges.
It has been such an adventure, but that is for another time...:)
4 comments:
When we were flying into Tennessee, I couldn't understand why Ryan said there weren't many LDS members there. There were LDS churches everywhere....or so I thought. Ryan quickly clarified that they were Baptist steeples.
-sorry, this is Kathryn. I didn't sign out of my other blog.
Glad you guys made it. We don't put Abigail and Tatyana together in the car because they fight constantly. Although they do fight while in two different rows as well. You need to send us your address because Abigail is dying to send Casey a letter in the mail. We miss you already. And could use a date night.
It was so fun to have you with us!What a trip for you! I'm going to need to see some pictures of your set-up now! And btw, Mary wears the princess nightgown constantly. Thank you for such a sweet gift!
What an adventure!
I can't wait to hear (read?) more stories.
Post a Comment