Monday, February 20, 2012

Casey is "being treated"

Lice. Yuck. I got an email from one of the parents in Casey's class on Thursday saying that several girls were sent home and "were being treated for lice" they all happened to be the girls Casey plays with and eats lunch with. The nurse did not see anything on Casey and I didn't see anything either, but I wanted to treat her anyway just to be safe. Several people told me it was really strong and I shouldn't unless she had it. So I called her pediatrician's office Friday morning to see what I should do. They said a nurse could look at her head that morning so I took her in and she found a few eggs (yuck!). My friend Courtney watched my kids (brave--she is so nice) so I could run to the store to get new pillows, more combs and supplies to disinfect my apartment. I did the treatment on Casey (she hated it), threw away pillows, washed all the sheets and clothes, bagged all the stuffed animals, sprayed disinfectant stuff on their beds and the furniture. Luckily it was the very very beginning and as far as I know, it is just Casey that had it. So now I have to keep Casey's (and Katelyn's) hair up every day in case it is still cycling through her class. Yuck. When I went to buy the treatment stuff from Target I also found earmuffs on clearance 75% for Casey because hers broke and the checker lady thought they were cool and almost put them on and I thought "Really? do you not see the other thing I am buying?" I just thought it was funny. And then we were giving the kids showers on Sunday before church and Katelyn said "but I don't have eggs in my hair!!" I think we may have scarred our children.

3 comments:

Tia said...

Ugh. That stinks. Lice is my biggest fear as a mom since I had it twice as a kid. Hopefully you won't have to deal with it again. We miss you guys.

mad white woman said...

Grooooossssss! Clara got lice a few years ago and we went into Wal Mart to buy supplies and she walked up to the employee with a big smile and said, "I have lice!" It was awesome. :)

This makes my head itch.

David and Jana said...

I had a dream that I had lice the other night! Put gel or mousse in their hair!! That helps keep them away!