Clifton has wanted me to try this recipe for a few months and we finally did and it turned out yummy! Clifton said it was the best spaghetti squash he has ever tasted. In my mind it is healthier, but who knows if it really is! Sorry no pictures. I tried, but they didn't turn out--sorry!
Spaghetti Squash Supreme
from the Taste of Home
1 medium spaghetti squash (4 pounds)
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 tablespoons prepared pesto
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch cubes (I always cook with chicken tenders-they are much more forgiving!)
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used more)
Cook spaghetti squash until tender. Whatever method you like--microwave, oven, boil, we used our pressure cooker.
Meanwhile in blender (or food processor), combine tomatoes, pesto, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Cover and process until blended; set aside. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
In a large skillet, cook the chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Stir in broth,chicken, and reserved tomato mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. In a large oven proof skillet, layer half of the squash, chicken mixture, and reserved crumb mixture. Repeat layers.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 inches minutes from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Yield 5 servings.
Frenchiladas
7 years ago
3 comments:
Sounds Yummy! You always cook the best food, Thanks for sharing and having us over.
I love eating spaghetti squash instead of noodles, but I can promise you when I make it, it's served with plain old spaghetti sauce. Someday I'll get fancy and try this out.
That German chocolate cake looks delicious. I don't think I eat enough German chocolate cake.
Thanks for the recipe. Squash has to be healthier--it's a vegetable, right? :) What is A Taste of Home? A magazine or cookbook?
Post a Comment