Friday, July 24, 2009

Songs and an Ultrasound

Clifton and I have never had a "song". At our reception, my roommate's brother played the piano for us. When it was time for our dance, he asked what our song was and I told him we didn't have one. He gave me a kind of "are you kidding me?" look and said to get out there and he would pick one. He played and sang (beautifully)"Unforgettable", but we never really felt attached to that song. So fast forward four and a half years to May of this year and we heard the song "Then" by Brad Paisley. We really liked it and Clifton started calling it our song. So now we have a song. Yeah. We had a good laugh in June when we were listening to the lyrics that say:

I could just see you, with a baby on the way
And I could just see you, when your hair is turning gray
What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more
But I've said that before...

The girl who cut my hair had found gray hair the last time I got it cut and we found out we were pregnant! So it really is our song!:) We thought it was funny. So I am thirteen weeks and today I had my first ultrasound. I have never had one this early before and I was surprised how much you can see this early! We saw the little one kicking around and it was so cute! It made me so excited to have this little baby join our family. Three kids-yikes! So according to the ultrasound, I'm due January 24th. It is a little unexpected, but we couldn't be more excited.

15 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats! I'm glad I'm not the only one with surprises...

Bridget said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear if you're having another cute little girl...

The Ensign's said...

YAY!!!! This is very exciting. Three's a handful, but I can't decide which one I'd be willing to give up.
Congrats!!!

Jared & Allyn said...

wow. that is so great! WE will have kids around the same age now. yeah. well keep us up dated!

EmmySue said...

Crap! So does that mean I'm 13 weeks too? I didn't get the memo... now we won't have the same kids the same age anymore! I'm so excited for you! I guess when we moved we lost the "connection"... so sad... but then again, I'm not sure I'm ready for three... HOORAY!

Melanie said...

Just hung up with you... what else is there to say? Love you!!!

Camille said...

I think it's sweet that Clifton decided that was your song. What a great guy! And congratulations on the new baby. What a lucky one to come to your family. :)

Lilianne said...

Congrats, Christi! Wow! Hope you're feeling well!!

mad white woman said...

Congratulations! Isn't it funny how some people get pregnant not planning to and other people try to and can't? I've always thought life has some great ironies.

Anna Min said...

Congratulations, Christi and Clifton! What a lucky little kicker:)

Dan and Katie said...

WOW! How exciting!

Chip said...

Congrats! I miss you guys tons!

Nicole McBride Cheney said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! I hope you have a little boy!

Kat Clark said...

Yay congrats! That is so great and so sweet. Can't wait to hear what it is!

Eevi said...

Yay! That is so exciting:) Maybe it's time for a little ball player or maybe you will have another adorable, beautiful girl:) Either way the baby will be lucky to have such great parents and fun siblings!