Tuesday, August 11, 2009

They love that

We manage apartments. I just thought I would share some ways to make your manager love you and think you are the best tenant ever.

-Make sure you look in their window every time you walk by. They love that.

-Always come to their apartment after office hours-preferably on weekends and any day after 9:00pm. They love that.

-During the first half hour you move in, make sure you knock on their door 5 different times with 5 different questions that they probably already answered when you signed your lease. They love that.

-Make sure when you knock on the managers door that you yell their name so they know it is you, their favorite tenant, and can get excited to talk to you before they get to the door. They love that.

-When you set up an appointment, do not be on time. Be an hour late, call, set another appointment for a half hour after later and be a half hour late to that. They love that.

-Ignore the sign on their door that says "private" and walk right in. DO NOT KNOCK. They love that.

-If you do happen to be rude and knock and if they don't come right to the door(give them a good two seconds), open the door for them to help them out. They love that.

The possibilities are endless. Be creative and I am sure you will be their best tenants ever.

11 comments:

mad white woman said...

Ha ha!

Maybe you should write a book. This is awesome.

EmmySue said...

Nice... You could always solve this by moving out and renting our house...

Miss you all and hope you are doing great. Come visit soon... we'll watch the kids for ya!

David and Jana said...

cute post!! It was really funny! And I'm sure You love that!!

mommy said...

I'm laughing out loud. But I do feel sorry for you!!

Amanda said...

I bet you love it when they threaten to take you to small claims court too :) Glad we are still friends!

Melanie said...

Christiana. You know that you only live to serve them. Your job, night and day, is to be at their every whim, and beacon call. And your home = office, and what person is expected to KNOCK on an office door. Come on, what normal person doesn't yell out the person's name they are calling on? We all do that, don't we? It's kind of affectionate. It also shows how close you are to someone to not have to trifle with appointments. Anytime they get around to coming should be perfectly fine with you... they're just assuming a closeness that you have striven to have with them anyway. I think if they're coming to the door again, you should start making out with Clifton. Then, if they walk in on you, they will have an immediate understanding of just what kind of office you run. What a wonderful apartment complex you have... share the love.

J2A2K (darth_ender) said...

WOW! We have very similar tenants! And I thought I had the BEST ones! :) I thought this was funny and very acurate! I'm sure if a couple of us apartment managers put our minds together we could come up with a lot longer list. The joys of managing! :) You gotta love it! ;)

Camille said...

Ha! This post kept me laughing for a while. Have I told you I love your blog music? Sometimes I listen to it while I read other people's blogs. :)

Kat Clark said...

I am glad that you cleared all of this up for me! Now I know exactly what to do! HAHA! How awful that you always have to be on your toes for people to just walk in. I would hate that. Your a good soul to put up with it.

Camille said...

Thanks for the rice milk idea! I'll have to try it. I like soy on my ceral but I can't drink it straight. The doctor did say Haley's digestion should settle down by 4 months, I'll just have to be patient. :)

Becky and Tyler said...

So true!!! My favorite was when people would come cup their hands on the window to look in...or try to walk right in with out knocking (we kept our door locked for this reason!)