Thursday, August 27, 2009

Do you "find out"?

When we were pregnant with Casey, we were discussing if we should find out the gender of our baby. I apparently told Clifton that I wanted to find out so that I would be able to get girly stuff for a girl and boy stuff for a boy. If I had a baby shower, then it would all be in pink or all in blue and I wouldn't be stuck with yellow and green. I don't ever remember Clifton having a different opinion or having to plead my case with Clifton or, that as a compromise, I told him that we needed to "find out" until we had a boy and a girl then it wouldn't matter because we would have all the stuff for both.

Fast forward to baby #3. Last night our home teacher asked us if we were finding out with all our kids. I told him YES! Clifton told him no. Later I found out that Clifton really wants to not find out with some of our kids. So I told him that if we had a boy this time, then we would have it be a surprise next time. Am I compromiser or what? :) I don't know if that will be good enough for him. Luckily we'll have a few years to decide! :) We have an ultrasound scheduled for Sept. 11th and time is CRAWLING. I can't imagine waiting the whole 9 months. So I want to know what you think about finding out the gender of your baby. Three of my sister-in-laws (sisters-in-law?) don't and the rest of the girls in my family do. What do you do? Why?

8 comments:

The Ensign's said...

I do.... even though I had one of each because I'm too darn impatient.

Bridget said...

Yeah, I can't stand the suspense. It's a surprise either way, right? A surprise at 20 weeks or at 40 weeks. I'm dealing with enough at the birth. I don't need any added tension in the room.

Emily said...

We didn't find out with Alyssa, and we did with Malia and Rhett. It was fun both ways. I don't know if I can go back to not knowing though! Congrats by the way!

Eevi said...

I think it would be fun to way until the birth, but that would require some serious self-control and patience. Plus you want to be ready in case this baby is a boy. So I would probably want to find out until I had one of each.

Camille said...

I'm with you: I said after we had a boy and a girl, then I'll be surprised. But now that that's happened I don't know if I have the guts. :)

Melanie said...

I want to be prepared with pink & lime green or brown & blue! The surprise is fun in the radiology room, then the shopping without a needy baby is fun, too!!!! I don't think I'm strong enough to wait!

mommy said...

I didn't want to find out with Adalyn but Aaron did. (He won, obviously). Now I'm glad we knew but I would like to have a surprise someday - I don't think Aaron's as good of a compromiser as you though.

PS - "A few more years", huh? Yeah right, famous last words.

Kat Clark said...

I am crossing my fingers that the next one I will be able to wait and have it be a surprise. Who knows if I will actually make it though because I am soooooo impatient. Now that I have one of each it should be easier to wait, right? Can't wait to hear what it is!