Can I just say having three kids is crazy? I've heard it calms down and you adjust...I'm hoping it is true.
Tyler has a much bigger mouth (thank you Clifton!) than the girls so he ate a lot easier and it was easier on me too! He did not cry the whole first day when he was with me. I guess in the nursery he was coughing up some nasty stuff so he got a lot of attention. His nurse was super nice. We got to go home on Tuesday. My mom stayed with us until Friday. The girls loved spending time with her and so did I. :)
It has been so fun having a boy (except changing diapers). I love seeing him in boy colors. He spits up all the time so I get to change his outfit a lot. The girls love him. They want to hold him all the time-especially Katelyn. Casey would not call him Tyler for the first week. She surprised me. I thought she would take it better-she started not talking as well and was not acting her age. I think things are getting better though-we just need more time. Clifton has been the biggest help. He does so much. He is taking a class from Pima, doing apartment maintenance and when he is home he is going a million miles per hour just taking care of everyone. He is actually starting to get sick. So I told him he has to slow down and I have been trying to do more for him. I feel like it is a circus around here, but it is so fun to have Tyler here. He is such a good boy and wants to eat all the time. It is also fun to spend lots of time with Casey and Katelyn-they are such characters and so fun to watch. Sometimes I feel like a referee when I am feeding Tyler and have to give orders/break up toy fights from the sidelines. That is us for now-crazy is good right?
Frenchiladas
7 years ago
8 comments:
Hooray for little boys and craziness! I've heard 3 is the hardest number so just hang in there or maybe you could just hurry and have #4 and then it'll be easier... right? :)
I've heard three is the hardest too, but I don't really know. We skipped the 1 and 3 phase. (and the boy part too)
I'm glad eveything seems to be going good. I feel your pain with the labor story (except they were still able to give me an epidural when I was at a 9). It's hard being stuck in bed on your side during contractions. It's like just having to lay there while someone is stabbing you.
Thank you for the detailed story... and I'm so happy for you that you have your boy. I can't wait 'til mine gets here, too. Refereeing from the sidelines is one of my least favorite jobs, but necessary - It's just hard to convince them that you mean business sometimes, because it's really out of your control. =) You're going to do great, though!
For me 3 was the easiest because 1 and 2 can play with each other and didn't require as much attention. YAY for boys! I'm glad you're getting down time though. Don't let Clifton die. He's a keeper! :) Love you!
I just had our third... and life is the same for us. Crazy! Our little guy ate all the time too, must be a boy thing. Tyler is adorable! Here's to things slowing down!!
Sounds like a crazy house! I love the special feeling of having a new baby at home. I'm glad you are all happy and enjoying little Tyler!
Well you're more of a women than me. I go in to the hospital requesting my epidural at the door. I'm glad everything went well and he's a handsome little guy. Three kids is CRAZY. Especially at the begining. I think it's with any new baby. It just takes time to adjust and figure out how to balance having one more person to care for. I found that I enjoy staying at home more than I ever did in the past. It's just to hard to go places with three kids. It's a lot of work getting them all ready, in and out of their carseats, and run whatever errands are on the schedule for that day. Plus doing all that around naptimes.
I love the one where he is smiling. So cute and he really does look so much like Clifton. Congrats Mama. You are seriously awesome.
Post a Comment