Saturday, July 31, 2010

Update

Here is a random update all out of order:

Casey's spots are almost all the way faded. We didn't find out what caused the rash. They told us 99% don't, so we weren't holding our breath. She had a fever the next week, but it was just during the evening and broke in the middle of the night and Katelyn and Tyler didn't get sick so we are all good now!
Tyler is growing up so fast. He has lost his newborn cry which makes me sad-now he sounds like a toddler crying and whining. He has two teeth on the bottom and a lot coming on the top.






He is bouncing around 20 pounds. He got up to 21 then down to 19 the next week, but that is still pretty big for 6 months! He also started growling. It is so cute and if you growl back he laughs so hard. Our girls never did that. :)

He has been extremely cranky especially in large groups. Church is getting more exciting with him and he is out in the hall a lot. And he drools like crazy.

For our pack meeting that got canceled at the last minute the theme was "celebrate freedom". So I made cupcakes that were red, white, and blue. It was my first baking project in a while and my first attempt at different colors in the same cupcake. It was fun.

We gave away a few after it was canceled, but we ate most of them. I put almond extract in the blue and white layers and pureed strawberries in the red. They were yummy.

"Hot Dog Roni"--This has become the most requested meal in our home. The girls have rediscovered hot dogs and Katelyn inhales them whenever she can.

Tyler has started eating solid food-mostly just rice cereal. It has really helped him sleep better at night and he actually eats it now instead of just spitting it out. He gets so excited when he gets in his chair and I put a bib on. He dives for the food...we'll see if he feels the same way with vegetables!

Life has been crazy the past few weeks especially with apartment stuff. I can't wait until things calm down a little in September.
Everyone is actually looking at the camera-pretty good huh?

5 comments:

Christina LeSueur said...

Your family is so cute! I can't believe how much Tyler has changed looks. It is crazy how fast they grow! I can't believe he is 20 lbs! We are hoping that James (at 13 months) is at least 21 lbs when we go next week! And I'm so glad Casey is feeling better. How awful! Good to hear an update.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Glad to hear the rash is gone!!

Tyler sure is a cute little fella..and a big boy! Noah was 22lbs when he was 6months so I know how you feel. Getting a workout just carrying them around!!

mad white woman said...

Glad the spots are almost faded. Stuff like that is so bizarre. I really like hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. Everyone in the picture is looking but YOU! What's up with that?

mommy said...

oh, i'm glad she's better. tyler is getting so big and handsome. and jake still wasn't 20 lbs at a year... haha.

David and Jana said...

What a fun post! I need to be better at this! I love your news! Holy cupcakes! Strawberry puree?? :) I'm totally impressed! Someone told me that Tyler was bigger than Easton, but I don't think so...But I don't know how much he weighs. Good job! I thought Mary was a chunk, until we went to Utah. It was my imagination. Easton wins forever.