Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas time

You like pictures? :) I have not been good at taking pictures lately. We were lucky to have Clifton's sister Mikah and her family come visit for Christmas. With mine and the Penns we have pictures of our Christmas.

It started with a Christmas tree. The night we put decorations on the tree we had a campout in our living room and woke up to crashing. Tyler threw three ornaments against the wall. So the breakable ones went to the top. Our tree decorations took a hit this year. Clifton wanted to have a fireplace to put stockings especially since we were having company over for Christmas. So I drew some options and we decided on brick. I cut a bunch out of construction paper and it only took me an hour and a half to tape them up. Clifton told me that my dad and grandpa would be proud-that made me happy.

We added a fire. I made the log and Clifton made the black thing. By the time we got to the flames we were a little worn out so I had to let my perfectionism go. I spray painted them with glitter stuff-it was a mess.

We covered up the outlet with the fire place so Clifton strung lights as an extension cord to light the Christmas tree. It was awesome.

It is always fun when Mikah and Mike come. I am so glad they did. We stayed up late, ate good food, played lots of Boggle, watched Psych, painted ornaments, and Mike tried his first eggnog-just to name a few.

Mike was determined to hang the filled stockings-he did an awesome job. I had my doubts, but they were still up in the morning. :)

The kids woke up at 8am-not bad :)







Tyler was a present opening champ. He did not need any help.




Stocking loot

My organizer.




Tyler got a suit from his Grandma Rogers-he needed it!!







All the kiddos-my kids loved playing with their cousins.






New Years Eve we had a candlelight nacho party complete with summer sausage :) Casey could not get enough. Funny coming from our pickest eater.
Mikah and her family got to come again the next week for a few days. Clifton started school and Mike had to fly to Chicago so it was fun to hang out with Mikah and her kids. She watched our kids while we went on a date for our 7th anniversary. We went to Eat n' Park. It turned out to be a lot like Denny's or JB's. We had a lot of fun and went to Coldstone after. I have to admit that for me Coldstone has always been good but not great, but this time it completely redeemed itself. I got strawberry and sweet cream icecream with strawberries and graham cracker crust mixed in-it was amazing. Clifton got cheesecake and chocolate icecream with brownie and hotfudge mixed in-he loved it. Anyway we are believers. We usually go buy something together and this year we went to Target and bought measuring cups. Exciting huh? Well it is to me because I have been without a 1/3 cup for 6 months! We are very simple people. It was fun to be together. He is amazing. I love him so much and it has been seven wonderful years.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I love you two together. What a perfect couple. =) I love love love the fireplace! Dad is here, and I'm going to show him your pictures tomorrow. Love you!

Tia said...

That is one awesome fireplace!! Great job. Glad you got to go out for your anniversary. Simple is good.

Jesse and Camry said...

SO cute! Love the fire place idea... and I might steal it for next year. We love Psych too, in fact that was what my hubby bought me (aka himself)for Christmas!

mad white woman said...

That fireplace is AWESOME. 8am is not bad at all, especially with cousins! And let me give you some advice on ColdStone... cake batter ice cream with brownie mix-in. MMMMMMMMMM. :)

David and Jana said...

Love that you love Psych!! Fireplace is awesome , love the sweet pictures of your kids-none of you...???-I love it. Great job on the fireplace! So glad you had a happy holiday and Anniversary!