So it has been about a month now, when Casey gets home from school, she has been complaining about her snacks being gone from her lunch that she didn't have time to finish. At first I thought Tyler just got into them when she walked through the door (he lives to snack) or she accidentally threw them away at school. But it was happening regularly and I ruled out Tyler as an option. So we talked about people not having food and maybe they needed it. It still bothered her.
Last week I wanted her to take a healthier cracker in her lunch that she didn't want so I told her to take it (really hoping she would eat it) and we could be sneaky and see if the mystery person took it. Well they took them and her goldfish too. So yesterday Casey decided to be sneaky on her own and put her goldfish in the compartment under her lunch box where her sandwich goes and it worked! We'll see if it keeps working. She is so proud of herself and her sneakiness. :)
Frenchiladas
7 years ago
4 comments:
Sad that someone is stealing her lunch! But I love how she was clever. Ha ha.
That's crazy! Thievery in elementary school? What is the world coming to?
What!?!? Miranda had someone stealing little trinkets in 2nd grade... the girls would SEE their stuff in the girls' desk, but she would just say she had the same toys, then take them home. You want to wonder why the teacher isn't aware, but unless someone tells her, the thieves are pretty sneaky!!! How funny, tricking the thief... and teaching her that the person may need food. Nice parenting, Christi!! If they could read pretty well, it would be funny to put a yummy snack in a baggy with a note on it that said: I hope you enjoy this! Let's be friends. =) If he asks for your coat...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY!
Love, Abigail, Tatyana, & Olivia
Post a Comment