Saturday, November 15, 2008

Big story time

Today we went to the story time outside the down town library. We didn't get any free books because they were in Spanish and for some reason they didn't think we spoke Spanish. So if you go make sure you go at the very beginning. Casey got a crown from some princesses.

Indian basket dancers-our absolute favorite was the tiny girl in the yellow dress. They said she was three and she was so cute. Go basket weaving!
Staff from different libraries acted out books-I'm glad we got to see this one (Bark George) because the "pig" in the pink on the end is my favorite story time person. I think her name is Jennifer. She has great energy and really makes Casey feel comfortable and excited. She hasn't been the story teller the last few times we were there.



I am always amazed at how many scary homeless people hang out downtown (sorry no pictures! :) I'm glad I didn't try to go alone!

2 comments:

David and Jana said...

Yay for storytime, that looks pretty intense. Is it always like that?? It was a sad story to hear about your strandedness again. It reminded me of the good time at the reunion though! About no TV. One good thing is, you can only read books for so long before they WANT to get up and play. and after a while, they want to play by themselves or it's time for a meal or a nap. Music is good. Also, if she can play outside anywhere, that's a whole new world.
Get together with kids her age. Especially when you like to hang out with the moms!!
Anyway. I have also found that I need to take a few times during the day and just hold Davey in my lap, make him look in my eyes, and talk to him or tickle him, anything "in your face" helps to reconnect. Sometimes I hold him in my lap, facing me and tell him a story. I know the "Wild Things" book by heart and he loves it when I do that one. This is long, sorry! :) I just love you!

EmmySue said...

That looks like fun. How do you find out about these things? The library by us doesn't do story time. Good ol' south side. Looked like a hoot.