Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cafe Rio


So I was a little skeptical of this place. My sister had made a copycat sweet pork recipe while we were in Utah. It was good (Clifton loved it). I wasn't expecting it to be sweet so it took me back a little. So on the way home, we decided to try the real deal. Now I was a lot more skeptical because they claimed to have "the best tortillas in the world"-ha! And how could this compare to my new obsession with Chipotle? And why did I have to wait a half hour at 2:30 in the afternoon?
Well it was amazing. The pork, beans and rice were amazing, the tortillas were awesome (good job Utah!) and we're hooked. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. Now I can join the throng of people that make sure they have their fix when they are in Utah and I found out they have one in Arizona (Gilbert)! Now I need to try Chipotle again and see how they compare...

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

I love both Chipotle and Cafe Rio... I get burritos at Chipotle and the salads at Cafe Rio. Mmmm, haven't been to either in too long. The Cafe Rio here is close to my mom's so when you go, call me so I can come. :)

EmmySue said...

My BIL raves about that place too. It is right down the street... So I guess we could go try it out. Mmmmm...

Lilianne said...

We always call Chipotle a Cafe Rio wanna-be! When we lived in DC and we were wanting a Cafe Rio fix, this was about as close as we could get and it was just never as good. Glad you are a convert! WE LOVE CAFE RIO!!