Today Casey got her flu shot and Katelyn got her 18 month shots and her flu shot. I thought I scheduled the appointment at a good time, but Clifton had a test today and couldn't go with me. The girls have never been in the same room when they got shots before. So I decided to have Casey go first since she was only getting one and Katelyn was getting four. I prepped her all day yesterday and today. I even bribed her with an ice cream cone. She
screamed (that is an understatement) her bloody murder scream after her shot and Katelyn was crying before they even started on hers. It was a disaster. After, they were not that excited to get Dora stickers (that or transformers :) because they have never watched that. I told the girls in the car we were going to McDonald's to get an ice cream cone. When we pulled into the parking lot, Casey said under her breath, "So this is Old MacDonald". You can tell we don't go to McDonald's very often! :) I thought they had kid size cones there, but they don't so the lucky girls got the regular small-they were huge! Maybe they used to have them or maybe it was Wendy's? I'll have to research that one. I don't ever want to handle the shot thing alone again, but I know that Clifton cannot always come with me. It got me thinking--How in the world am I going to do three?
5 comments:
I got to do the same thing last week... but Alexis was able to get the flu mist up the nose instead of a shot. That SAVED me. Maybe that is an option for the future for Casey. Good luck with future visits...
McDonald's got rid of the kid's cone awhile ago. Although, some locations still have them, just not in Tucson. I don't schedule the girls shots appts the same day just because each girl is soooo cranky and they both overreact. Scream and cry for 30 minutes.
Alyvia was four when I did my best to prepare her for her shots and yet again, she screamed...except at age four, she was the size of a seven year old and not lacking in strength...four people held her down...while Kate and Jakie hid outside the door.
Nightmares all brought back.
It did get a little better...
Kinda...
There is still much room for improvement.
But she was happy with the stickers...I think it was Strawberry Shortcake.
Good luck with the three...and the rest to come:)
How sad. I hate shots. Clara hasn't had any for a while, thank goodness. I think only some McDonald's have the little cones. I went to one to get one for Clara and they said they don't have them anymore, but some do.
My mom gets "baby cones" for my kids every time they go visit (only Charlotte isn't allowed to have them anymore because she and the car are a disaster afterwards). She lives way on the eastside of town though.
And just for the record, the doctor with three kids is kinda rough. Heck, you know it's bad when the doc herself yells at your three year old to shut-up for a few minutes so she can talk to Mommy. But I always book as many of their appointments together as I can because I don't want to be dragging them all there multiple times. Just get it over with all at once!
Post a Comment