So Clifton has been doing a lot of maintenance on our apartment complex we manage. It is usually when he is all done with his classes...right around dinner time. He always tells me what apartments he walked by and how good they smelled as the tenants cooked their dinner. So I have been trying to have something that smells good in our apartment so he is not too disappointed when he walks in, but with one apartment it is impossible to compete. The next door neighbors are some girls from China who cook a lot. Even my best meals cannot compete with their Chinese food. It's not just Clifton either-when I walk by I want to eat there too. But tonight I won-I don't think they cooked at all so I don't know if that is fair. I cooked spaghetti with Italian sausage-one of Clifton's favorites. He came in and was so excited that the smell was coming from our apartment. Victory at last...until the neighbors decide to cook again.
4 comments:
Chinese food is one of my favorites, too!! I'm so sad you have to live next door to that! It must be torture!
We gotta get you some Chinese recipes!!! I would say, look up the clone for PF Chang's Lettuce wraps, first off.
I'm so proud of you for making him yummy stuff to make him happy. You're so lucky to love each other so much. =)
Your husband should be grateful that you are so into this cooking competition at all! And that you are such an amazing cook in the first place! What a stinker.
Mike and I went for a walk last night and smelled something delicious but could only guess which apartment it was coming from. I think that is one thing I miss, healthy food just doesn't smell quite as good.
Post a Comment