-Someone gave Katelyn a Build-A-Bear and Katelyn asked me to help her find a name. So I took out the name book and after reading her tons of names, she decided on "Decoration"-not quite in the name book. :)
-Casey is now actually talking out loud in Primary. She has always got up there and froze no matter what the incentive. It has taken a few years, but after Katelyn did it, it gave Casey the courage to speak the prayer/talk/scripture. For a while, I would bribe them with a my little pony if they said whatever it was out loud. They are now to the point where they don't need to be bribed anymore-yeah!
-Tyler talks like an Italian. He says "uh" in between everything like "wash-uh-my hands" make-uh the food"
-Katelyn writes "best" after everything that is the best. So on all her papers she'll write Katelyn Best because she is the best Katelyn.
-I cut off 4 inches of Casey's hair to even it out and get rid of dead ends. Katelyn needs (and wants) it too, but I can't bring myself to cut off her curls.
-Tyler has been trying to sleep on the trundle bed or his crib with the side taken off and he will not stay in bed-he goes in the bathroom and gets water everywhere and just gets into trouble. So we put him back in his crib. I bought a baby gate so we can try again. At least he won't get into the bathroom, but I don't know how to get him to stay in bed!
-A few weeks ago, Katelyn was pointing out to Casey some little toys she had and accidentally said mouse instead of a bunny. Casey said there wasn't a mouse and Katelyn replied, "Oh well I said bunny. Mouse is Spanish for bunny"
-Tyler says "Tinkiebell" for Tinkerbell and Cars McQueen instead of Lightning McQueen.
-Casey taught Tyler to high five and he ran with it. Here are some of his variations:
"High five, down low, open the refrigerator, do you want a hug-hug, kiss-kiss or tickle?" And you usually get all three no matter what you choose. :) His other ones are "high five, too slow!" and "high five, down low, cut the pickle, tickle, tickle"
-I had Casey's parent teacher conference this week and her teacher said she is at the top of her class, helps others with their work when she is done, stays focused all day and is a joy to have in class. I am so proud of her!
4 comments:
What a happy life!! My favorite is the Italian. How fun! Love these memories!
I can totally relate with the talking in primary. It was such a struggle. However, since we moved to a new ward our girls volunteer all the time to do the scripture/prayer/talk. Since June both girls have done at least one of three every month. I guess its one extreme or the other. Tyler is so funny.
mouse is spanish for bunny. awesome.
cute kids! These will be gems when you look back in 10 years! Aren't kids the best!
Post a Comment