Thursday, October 18, 2012

Toothfairy mess

A few weeks ago, Casey lost her third tooth-one of her top front ones. She put it under her pillow and the Toothfairy forgot to give her money! That has happened before and Casey found the money in her pillow case. Silly Toothfairy! This time however, the Toothfairy could not find cash or change anywhere (except a $20 and that will not work!) to give her. I told Casey maybe it was too early and she would come later. So during school the Toothfairy went to the bank and got some money to give her. While waiting for Casey's bus, I realized the Toothfairy had again forgotten to put the money under her pillow. So I called Clifton (who luckily happened to be home early) and told him to do it. Well she found the money under her pillow, but the Tooth fairy (or her assistant as the case may be) forgot to take the tooth! How confusing. So Clifton suggested that maybe since it was a front tooth, the tooth fairy wanted her to keep it. And Casey asked more and more questions and we came up with bigger and bigger explanations. After that we felt like failure parents. So I thought the story was over, but last night Casey wrote a note to the Toothfairy. Here it is:

Thank you for The mone and The Tooth. Thank you rit The word That you wat to say on The blank word. This is a big Papr. why DiD you Did not take my Tooth. ________ Thank you Thank you! so much. to the Tooth Fere  From Casey  look on the back

and the back it says "opin The Telo Papr" with hearts everywhere.

Pretty sure we scarred Casey for life. It has obviously been bugging her. I can't tell from the note if she is happy the Toothfairy left her tooth or not.  So the Toothfairy wrote a note back (complete with glitter glue letters and swirls everywhere):

Dear Casey,
Thank you for your note! You are welcome. You can keep your tooth safe for me. I will pick it up when I need it for my castle. Love, The Tooth Fairy

I don't know if that was the best response, but at 5:30 in the morning-that's what she got. And hopefully when the Toothfairy needs her tooth and takes it, Casey can forget this whole thing. This parenting thing is really something else!

3 comments:

Tia said...

We've have done this too. Except the girls room was a mess so I explained to her that she would need to clean her room so that the Tooth Fairy wouldn't have so much trouble exchanging money for a tooth. And it worked. The Tooth Fairy even sent her a note telling Abigail to clean her room so she wouldn't get hurt. Now she cleans her room before she goes to bed "so the Tooth Fairy can do her job right."

Jesse and Camry said...

Ahhh, this would totally be me! I am sure Casey will forget it soon, besides you had such a good cover story! Hehehe

EmmySue said...

Love this story! Alexis just got her first loose tooth. I hope I can come up with such great answers too.