It hasn't technically been a day. We are watching our three nieces for a week. So we have a 6,5,4,3,2, and a 10 month old. Luckily Clifton just finished all of his classes (one year down and one to go! :) so he is around to help. Some highlights-
-For some reason Tyler got it in his head that he was going with his aunt and uncle (and even said goodbye to me). Katelyn had something she wanted to say something to Mikah (she does that to Clifton all the time when he leaves and she just keeps talking forever if you let her). So when they left, my kids were screaming and crying and their cousins were completely fine.
-At dinner we made pizzas-next time I will remember to buy pepperoni-there were some disappointed kiddos.
-I loved Katelyn saying "I do declare" before everything she said.
-My favorite quote of the night was when they were all talking in their room coming up with a bedtime story. Casey was talking about a king who lived in the ocean. Leora chimed in and said, "no he lives in his office!" as if it was some grand place. I loved it.
-I didn't really believe Mike when he told me that Charlotte has a lot of messy diapers...I do now. :)
-It was my "brilliant" idea to put them all in the same room. After all, I wasn't sure if Leora and Audrey would have a hard time being separated and Katelyn would feel left out if she was separated. So the good news is their feelings were not hurt in anyway. The bad news is they did not fall asleep until 10:00pm.
-Charlotte (the 10 month old) got to stay with Clifton and I while the kids "fell asleep" and it was so fun to watch her bat her eyes at Clifton. I have to say it is not helping my baby-hungriness (sp?) to have such a cute baby around. :)
-Katelyn is quite the entertainer. She will do anything to make everyone laugh. I don't think I noticed that as much as I did today.
Overall I think today went well--Clifton even got to watch some Macgyver. :)
Frenchiladas
7 years ago
1 comment:
How fun! Sounds like it went pretty well! Good luck tomorrow! :) LOVE the Katelyn stuff. She's a riot!
Post a Comment