Thursday, May 3, 2012

Six kids--Day 3

-This morning it was Clifton's turn to take a nap. He helped me get Casey out the door (by 7:30am) then he went back to sleep and woke up at 11:00am. We stayed up last night and watched Fireproof-which made us a little tired today. Luckily Tyler and Charlotte each only woke up once so I got a lot more sleep last night. Clifton is also recovering from an intense, sleep-deprived semester.
-While Clifton was asleep, it was a challenge just to meet everyone's needs (breakfast and getting ready) and by 11:00 I was kind of going crazy as it crescendo-ed (is that a word?) to the almost-lunch-time-crankiness. But as soon as Clifton came in, he had everyone laughing and suddenly everyone was content to do whatever (and they ate their lunch) and it was all giggles and smiles. It was amazing to watch. In Clifton's class they do peer evaluations and everyone predicted that Clifton would be in pediatrics because he is so calm and seemed like he would be good with children. I got to see that today.
-We have given a lot more hugs today and there were a few "I miss my mom"s today. We talked about what their parents are doing and how that will help them later on and that has helped.
-We did make it to the duckpond. It was my first time and no one fell in! Tyler got extremely close. :) The kids loved it. Next time we will bring water (we walked and it was hot!) and make the girls go to the bathroom before we go. :) One of the kids said it would have been more fun if we had fishing poles.
-Going to the pond totally wore them out so before dinner/homework time/dinnertime was a little hectic, but they all fell asleep earlier(we also showered everyone so that helped too) so I guess it was worth it!
-Casey worked on her homework tonight (since it is due tomorrow) and Leora felt a little left out so tomorrow I have some worksheets for her to feel like a big girl.
-Favorite quotes of the day-the girls telling what they want to be when they grow up. Leora wants to be a doctor, Casey wants to be a queen and Katelyn wants to be a super-girl mom.

No comments: