Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Vegetables

This is not exciting for anyone but my little family, but I thought it was worth documenting. Today Casey ate vegetables. It was amazing. She is the PICKIEST eater and so strong-willed. We have a hard time getting her to eat healthy food and she does not like to try new things. It is not that we haven't tried. She gets time-outs, rewards, goes to bed hungry blah, blah, blah. So tonight I made soup with onions, potatoes, carrots, chicken and garlic. After the battle to get her to the table, I told her to just eat the "juice". After a while I decided to help her and surprisingly after just a little struggling, I put some in her mouth and...nothing. Usually she gags and throws up every time I force feed her (do I sound like a mean mom yet?). So we ate the broth for a while and Clifton found her a tiny carrot and put it in her mouth and again-no gagging! She ate all the carrots in her bowl and then tried the potatoes (after I told her I would buy her a little bag of M&Ms). So just in case anyone was wondering, miracles have not ceased at the Rogers'. :)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow.

I am amazed for you, and so happy. Way to go, Casey! And I believe that trying to make your children into well-rounded, well-adjusted, easy-to-please children is a noble and worth-while effort. Try as we may!

Your blog is so adorable again -- Love you!

Anna Min said...

Tee hee. Well worth documenting. Congratulations mean mommy! You're doing whats best for your children and its paying off!