Sunday, March 22, 2009

Week in review

This last week was spring break. Clifton is taking one Spanish class, but this week he worked on getting the swamp coolers working in our apartment complex so it was actually a lot harder in a lot of ways. Here are some of the highlights:

--M&M pancakes. Have you tried them? Casey and Clifton thought they were yummy (I didn't try them, but they smelled really good).
--Date with Clifton. Saturday Clifton and I ordered pizza and played games together on our date-it was really fun. I am still the Boggle champion. :)
--Finding pants that I love. Due to a random bleach incident, I got to buy new pants and the first ones I tried on at Old Navy were perfect. I love them--and they were on sale.
--Tender mercies. I can't go into details on this one, but this week it seems like we have been shown again and again that Heavenly Father is mindful of us and loves us.
--Casey planting her flowers in Grandpa Rogers' garden. We stayed for their FHE on the new young women value-virtue. Its color is gold and we talked about the refining process of gold and how it is symbolic of Heavenly Father's refining process for us. I loved it and later read Sister Dalton's talk "Return to Virtue" from the last conference. Everyone should read that talk again.
Getting ready to plant червени чушки (cherveni chushki)- or Bulgarian red peppers

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Ok, we'll have to play Boggle together, because I can only play with Jeff... it makes Miranda too sad -- 5th grade, I keep telling her. When she's 35 (or probably 18) she'll be able to whip us.

David and Jana said...

So plants even grow in Tucson, huh?
Awesome!

mad white woman said...

I've never had M&M pancakes, never played Boggle and never fit in Old Navy jeans.

I'm totally missing out!