Sunday, March 1, 2009

You're invited!

Just kidding it's all over! This weekend I (with my two sister-in-laws) threw a baby shower for Nicole. She married Clifton's cousin (that's how we are related and not why she got a shower :). I made the invitations. I couldn't really go to the store so I had to use what I (and my sister-in-laws) had. It was fun-I haven't made a card for a specific occasion in a while!It was a crazy weekend (week actually). Friday I cut Clifton's hair, and ran to grocery stores (with the girls) to get stuff for the shower. I came home to clean and get ready for a "date" we had with the Lesueurs. Dinner and Family Indexing. It was really fun to talk to them and it was my first time indexing (really Christina and I made brownies and talked most of the time...we indexed toward the end! :). Clifton and I decided to index more often!

Christi worked so hard to make this baby shower a success. Friday night, after feeding Phil and Christina dinner and indexing 60 marriage licenses she stayed up until 2am getting things ready. She is amazing!

Sorry Clifton cut in. He is very nice to me. We did stay up to 2am, but it was my own fault for not organizing my day better. So up at 7:00 and everything got finished thanks to Clifton (he really is the best). Of course, I forgot my camera--Clifton brought it later and I took 5 pictures before the batteries died. So the rest of the pictures are on Alyson's camera so maybe later! Nicole is the nicest person ever and I am so glad there was a party to honor her and her baby boy.

Later on Saturday, we took a family nap and then went to the park to feed the ducks. Actually we just fed the fish. I had never seen them before, but there are little fish in the pond that were kind of vicious and the ducks wouldn't come near us because the fish would bother them. It was kind of funny.

So today wasn't too eventful except that we got another family nap (we all slept at the same time). That is probably worth documenting since it almost never happens!

Casey has been asking "why" to EVERYTHING. So I say this a lot "Don't ask why just say 'yes Mommy'". I have been trying to answer all her questions. My favorite today was when we were talking about the temple. She asked
"Will you go to the temple with me?"
"Yeah, I will when you are older."
"I will wear my glass slippers."

A few weeks ago she came up to Clifton and asked about her rose. Clifton asked "your rose?" "I am a princess I NEED a rose!"

Katelyn got another tooth-this time it was a molar! Of course we didn't see it until it was all the way through. Poor girl! So she now has nine teeth and two more on the way. I don't think that is normal and it is definitely not fair. She took her first steps a few weeks ago, but has since refused to walk for anything. She does not like baby food anymore, wants to eat whatever we are eating, and still wants to nurse every three hours! Last Monday we discovered she LOVES Papa John's pizza-just like her mother. :)

4 comments:

mad white woman said...

Even if I went to the store, there's a fat chance I could make such a darling invitation.

That's a good idea to do indexing for a date. I'll suggest that to Jason since he doesn't think he can come up with a free date for next weekend. :)

David and Jana said...

I love Casey's NEED for a rose, and her dream of glass slippers in the temple. How appropriate!
Poor little Katelyn, she's like Davey. He had 11 teeth when he turned a year. It was not a hard decision to stop nursing after that.
The invitations are so cute! I'm not that creative, either. My part to contribute would be the brownies and conversation. :)
Yes, Clifton, Christi is awesome.

Melanie said...

Ditto to Jana's comment, period.

Oh, and Papa John's is my very favorite... okay, and Papa Murphy's thin crust, white sauce, Chicken, bacon, artichoke heart, spinach. Holy cow.

mommy said...

I love indexing! (Aaron can tell you what he thinks about it). Casey is funny; I wish we were closer...